Followers Discount

Followers receive a 10% discount! Plus- Refer a customer and JP will cut you a 20% commission check! 

Monday, March 23, 2009

Starting a Blog






Artist of the week
                                                                     Nathalie Brault


Hello and thank you to all who have so far chosen to follow my blog. There were many feelings involved in starting this blog. There were many questions I needed to ask myself. Once I got through the first one I realized that there are quite possibly many of you out there who are unsure about how or why to start a blog. It is for this reason I thought it fitting to interview another artist/blogger about their first blog. 

Nathalie, who I will be featuring this time around, is a very talented artist of many different mediums who loves to blog about her craft. She is fairly busy with her work and her life in Canada but I was able to catch up to her this week. I took the opportunity to ask this French bi-linguist some questions about her feelings on writing her first blog. 



Q: What is the name of your blog?
A: Nathaliebrault

Q: When did you start your blog?
A: About three years ago

Q: Why did you start your blog?
A: A friend suggested it to me and mentioned that it would be good for my soul and for me as a person and that I would get to meet great people and she was right.

Q: What was your first topic?
A: " Hello and welcome to my blog" I believe

Q: Was your first topic hard to think of?

A: Well I had no idea what blogging was about, and I m french, I started with picture of my creations and of what I was selling in boutiques under consignment. I was only writing in french and then as time went on I went to see other fellow bloggers and started to write in both English and french to eventually give up french as I didn't have time any more to do that. I know I lost my french friends when I did that.

Q: How often do you post your blog?
A: I usually post every other day but this years was a hard one as I battle with chronic depression every winter and find it hard to post regularly. That is the reason I started to blog at first. Nobody said it would be easy.

Q: How do you promote your blog?
A: I just put myself out there by commenting relevantly on other blogs and going to regular blogs of mine.

Q: What is the best advice you could offer the newbie blogger?
A: Be true to yourself and always keep it short- have great picture too. People want to see great pictures. 

Q: If you could pick one post of yours to best represent you and your craft, what would it be?


Nathalie works making very unique items in a very admirable way. She takes old things and recycles them into new things. Old jewelry, clothing and other items are all tactfully designed into fashionable, functional new items by this talented artist. Just like most of us, Nathalie has several shops she sells her art in. One of which is an Etsy shop I have asked 
her some questions about.

Q: What is the name of your Etsy shop?
A: I have two- Recupefashion and Recupefashionstuff

Q: What made you pick those names?
A: Recupe for recuperation and fashion, well the word speaks for itself.

Q: What is your favorite item to sell and why?
A: Tea wallets (shown above in green), They are my favorite to make and they are so sweet to have. I personally own 5 of them. One for each bag. Also my bath trio because you gt to try out all the items for a low price.



Q: What is your favorite medium?
A: Fabric, cotton yarn, beads, paper and anything that I can turn into something else.


Nathalie's work can be found in her  Etsy shops www.recupefashion.etsy.com and www.recupefashionstuff.etsy.com. I urge you all to have a look at her fine work and to follow her blog- www.nathaliebrault.blogspot.com. 

Thank you to Nathalie for being so gracious and patient with my questions and thank you to all those who have joined us for this weeks issue of JP Jewels~it!. Next week I will be covering the ongoing controversy surrounding the safety of polymer clay in gauged ear jewelry. 

-JP








No comments:

Post a Comment